Everyone more or less agrees that Bayern Munich is the best team in Germany. When you have a team with star players like Harry Kane, Thomas Müller, Alphonso Davies, Jamal Musiala, and the like — there really is no contest.
However, if you ask which team plays the best football in Germany right now, the answer would probably be Bayer Leverkusen. Xabi Alonso has transformed that team since he took over, shooting up the table and collecting wins like they’re candy. His Leverkusen side play some excellent football, which Julian Nagelsmann found out first hand right before his sacking — back in March, die Werkself registered a shock 2-1 win over a high-flying FCB, which eventually led to the shock departure of Nagelsmann and the chaos that followed.
Thomas Tuchel will be desperate to avoid the same fate. With many of his players only just returned from international break, he had very little time to prepare — but that won’t be an excuse if his team fail to pick up all three points.
It’s Bayern time.
While you’re waiting for the game, why not check out our Weekend Warm-up Podcast? Listen to it below or on Spotify.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 8:30 pm local time, 2:30 pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all parts of the world so don’t feel shy if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have the whole comments loaded at one time while you’re just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a chant. The goal chants are for everyone to participate in! Even if you’re lagging behind the others, keep replying to the most recent call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is not allowed whatsoever.
Check out our beginners thread if you have any more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an unending well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something completely different, we have it all.